Segment Anything (SAM) AI Model Now Available in eCognition
You can now use the Segment Anything (SAM) AI model from Meta AI in Trimble® eCognition® to easily apply the segmentation to your geospatial imagery.
Segment Anything (SAM) is a segmentation strategy developed by Meta AI that can identify and “cut out” individual objects in images. The AI-powered algorithm was trained on over 1 billion segmentation masks collected on 11 million images from different geographic locations.
It can be used across various domains, including the geospatial industry. SAM simplifies the task of finding buildings, cars and even individual trees in imagery. Additionally, you can combine the power of SAM and eCognition multiresolution segmentation for even more accurate delineation of the objects in the images.
For download links and more information, please see our post on Trimble Geospatial Blog here.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Segment Anything (SAM) AI Model Now Available in eCognition
- eCognition Developer Online Training - Overview
- From the Ground Up - Getting Started
- From the Ground Up - Supervised Classification
- From the Ground Up - Accuracy Assessment
- From the Ground Up - How to create a DSM, DTM & nDSM
- From the Ground Up - Working with IOL hierarchies
- From the Ground Up - Working with Regions
- From the Ground Up - Change Detection using Maps
- From the Ground Up - Startrails