From the Ground Up - How to create a DSM, DTM & nDSM
--> For enrollment, data and more information on this course, please visit Learn.Trimble.com. You will have to create an account (for free) and enroll to this course.
How can you create a DSM (Digital Surface Model), DTM (Digital Terrain Model) & nDSM (normalized Digital Surface Model) from a point cloud? How to create a DTM if you only have a DSM?! In this video we show you some approaches in the Trimble eCognition Developer software how you can create those layers with ease!
We will have a look at three different scenarios:
- Scenario I: Having an already classified point cloud as input
- Scenario II: Having a NON-classified point cloud as input
- Scenario III: Having only a DSM as input
The data set used in this course will be provided for download after enrollment. This course is free of charge. You will receive an certificate after completion of this course!
The training material was created with the eCognition Developer v10.1.0.
Please, if needed, download the free Trial version here.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Segment Anything (SAM) AI Model Now Available in eCognition
- eCognition Developer Online Training - Overview
- From the Ground Up - Getting Started
- From the Ground Up - Supervised Classification
- From the Ground Up - Accuracy Assessment
- From the Ground Up - How to create a DSM, DTM & nDSM
- From the Ground Up - Working with IOL hierarchies
- From the Ground Up - Working with Regions
- From the Ground Up - Change Detection using Maps
- From the Ground Up - Startrails