From the Ground Up - Change Detection using Maps
--> For enrollment, data and more information on this course, please visit Learn.Trimble.com. You will have to create an account (for free) and enroll to this course.
In this From The Ground Up Session, we will have a look at the concept of Maps in the Trimble eCognition Developer software.
- What are Maps?
- Why should I use Maps?
- How can I use Maps?
All these questions will be answered in this session. We actually will show how you can do change detection using different Maps within eCognition Developer. Maps are of course not limited to Change Detection but this is a nice use case which reveals the power of the Maps concept. For the Change detection we will have two optical data sets acquired at different time steps. After loading them we will create a Map within one project for each time step and apply a Land Cover Classification on each single time step separately. In a final step we will fuse the two classifications into one and compare them to reveal areas of change and also direction of change.
The training material was created with the eCognition Developer v10.1.0.
Please, if needed, download the free Trial version here.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Segment Anything (SAM) AI Model Now Available in eCognition
- eCognition Developer Online Training - Overview
- From the Ground Up - Getting Started
- From the Ground Up - Supervised Classification
- From the Ground Up - Accuracy Assessment
- From the Ground Up - How to create a DSM, DTM & nDSM
- From the Ground Up - Working with IOL hierarchies
- From the Ground Up - Working with Regions
- From the Ground Up - Change Detection using Maps
- From the Ground Up - Startrails