Harvesting A Major Vegetation Map
In France’s Brittany region, stakeholders have been pressured to balance urban development demands with environmental protection policies, but insufficient vegetation maps have made that difficult. A botanical organization used Trimble’s eCognition software to develop a semi-automated mapping system and produce Brittany’s first-ever regional vegetation map. The goldmine of classified flora is giving stakeholders a holistic view of Brittany’s biodiversity and the knowledge to protect, develop and manage it.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Classifying the Caribbean's Coral
- Returning the Great to the Great Barrier Reef
- Harvesting A Major Vegetation Map
- Answering the Call for 3D City Models
- Just the Citrus Trees Please
- Bringing Relief to Refugees
- Roads Drive Better Understanding of Urban Growth
- Bucking Tradition
- Complex by Nature
- Counting Crowns in Nepal