Returning the Great to the Great Barrier Reef
The latest victim of global warming, the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) is under serious threat, and its outlook is dire. The challenge in conserving the Reef has been partly due to the lack of a complete map of the GBR’s topography. That may change with an eCognition-based mapping technique that’s enabled one project team to produce the world’s first-ever topographic map of the GBR.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Returning the Great to the Great Barrier Reef
- Harvesting A Major Vegetation Map
- Answering the Call for 3D City Models
- Just the Citrus Trees Please
- Bringing Relief to Refugees
- Roads Drive Better Understanding of Urban Growth
- Bucking Tradition
- Complex by Nature
- Counting Crowns in Nepal
- eCognition Helps Root out Wily Vegetation