Bringing Relief to Refugees
Each year thousands of people are forced away from their homes by natural disasters or political unrest. They often end up in refugee camps supported by non- governmental organizations (NGOs) that provide food, shelter and medical assistance. To manage their operations efficiently, NGOs and other agencies need to know how many people are in a given camp.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Returning the Great to the Great Barrier Reef
- Harvesting A Major Vegetation Map
- Answering the Call for 3D City Models
- Just the Citrus Trees Please
- Bringing Relief to Refugees
- Roads Drive Better Understanding of Urban Growth
- Bucking Tradition
- Complex by Nature
- Counting Crowns in Nepal
- eCognition Helps Root out Wily Vegetation