Counting Crowns in Nepal
The small communities living in Nepal’s high-mountain regions depend nearly exclusively on local natural resources for their livelihoods, yet they have to exploit those same resources in order to have shelter and carve out livelihoods.
It’s a perpetual Catch-22 that has led to livestock overgrazing, overuse of water and loss of trees.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- From the Crown Down
- Classifying the Caribbean's Coral
- Returning the Great to the Great Barrier Reef
- Harvesting A Major Vegetation Map
- Answering the Call for 3D City Models
- Just the Citrus Trees Please
- Bringing Relief to Refugees
- Roads Drive Better Understanding of Urban Growth
- Bucking Tradition
- Complex by Nature