Change Detection: Land Register Automation using eCognition & Inpho
At the Rhineland-Palatinate Survey and Land Register Office (VermKV) in Germany, labor-intensive updates to cadastral data by manual evaluation of aerial photographs are a thing of the past. Building alterations can now be recognized automatically using the Trimble® eCognition® software suite. This innovative and standardized process saves a great deal of time and is more accurate than the previous method. Cadastral data updates that used to take several years to implement can now be brought up to date in just a few months.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Returning the Great to the Great Barrier Reef
- Harvesting A Major Vegetation Map
- Answering the Call for 3D City Models
- Just the Citrus Trees Please
- Bringing Relief to Refugees
- Roads Drive Better Understanding of Urban Growth
- Bucking Tradition
- Complex by Nature
- Counting Crowns in Nepal
- eCognition Helps Root out Wily Vegetation