Using eCognition to Detect Solar Potential
Earth Imagery and image analysis software help lead more customers to the solar grid.
eCognition is driven by rule sets, which are customized workflows of if-then scenarios the software
uses to automatically classify specific objects and map land covers.
With these rule sets, Geostella has the flexibility to input spatial data and any other
relevant data and instruct the software to classify any given county and thematically map
any 2,500-meter-square area by feature type. For the solar maps, that feature type is buildings.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Classifying the Caribbean's Coral
- Returning the Great to the Great Barrier Reef
- Harvesting A Major Vegetation Map
- Answering the Call for 3D City Models
- Just the Citrus Trees Please
- Bringing Relief to Refugees
- Roads Drive Better Understanding of Urban Growth
- Bucking Tradition
- Complex by Nature
- Counting Crowns in Nepal