Preserving Biodiversity through Geospatial Technology
Landsat imagery and Trimble's eCognition software prove invaluable to conservation efforts in Laos.
The Nam Et-Phou Louey National Protected Area covers almost 600,000 hectares of wild, mountainous terrain in northern Laos. The area is home to one of the last tiger populations in Indochina and one of the most important remaining populations of northern white-cheeked crested gibbons, a critically endangered primate found only in Vietnam, Laos and southern China.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- From the Crown Down
- Classifying the Caribbean's Coral
- Returning the Great to the Great Barrier Reef
- Harvesting A Major Vegetation Map
- Answering the Call for 3D City Models
- Just the Citrus Trees Please
- Bringing Relief to Refugees
- Roads Drive Better Understanding of Urban Growth
- Bucking Tradition
- Complex by Nature