Vineyard Canopy Mapping
The UAV-based DSMs have recently been used in agricultural applications, for example to calculate tree/plant area, height, and crown size to assess biomass volume. eCognition offers a unique data fusion approach to use the full information potential of UAV-based elevation and image data.
On a UAV-based dataset provided by University of Sassari - Dipartimento di Agraria, Christian Weise developed a rule set to extract the position, height, and crown volume of vine plants.
Important algorithms used in this project:
- pixel min/max filter (prototype)
- layer arithmetics
- automatic threshold
- watershed segmentation
- convert image objects to vector objects
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Customized Image Object Fusion
- Hexagon Segmentation
- Clearance Mapping around Powerlines
- Tree Crown Delineation
- DTM Modelling of Open-pit Mines
- Vineyard Canopy Mapping
- Classifier (Supervised Classification)
- Layer Arithmetics
- Stddev Split Segmentation
- ESP II: Automated Estimation of Scale Parameter (ESP2) Tool