3D Powerline Vegetation Risk Analysis
This is a small example project for the 3D Powerline Vegetation Risk Analysis video.
Being able to detect Risk areas around power lines in an automated way is a game changer for energy network operators. This Rule Set provides a solution to extract these Risk areas in an automated, accurate and less time consuming way than traditional manual assessment. The idea of this project was to develop a rule set which classifies points of a point cloud into different Risk areas based on the 3D distance to a power line. The whole workflow within eCognition is automated, meaning you only need a point cloud as input and the Rule Set takes care of creating the deliverables, in this case a classified point cloud with Risk classes and the power line detected.
Unclassified Lidar *.las Point cloud
Classified point cloud into:
- Risk01 - Pro-Active Fault Clearance - PC#16
- Risk02 - Branch Removal - PC#17
- Risk03 - Underlying Vegetation - PC#18
- Risk04 - Neighboring Forest - PC#19
- Other vegetation
Interesting related content:
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- 3D Powerline Vegetation Risk Analysis
- eCognition Palm Oil Application (1.3) Architect Solution
- Architect Solution - Power Line Risk Area Extraction
- Pixel-Based Object Resizing Surface Tension Artificial
- Pixel-Based Object Resizing Object Generalization Complex Landcover
- Building Generalization
- Customized Image Object Fusion
- Hexagon Segmentation
- Clearance Mapping around Powerlines
- Tree Crown Delineation