Broad Scale Automated Mapping of Shallow Benthic Habitats in the Catibbean using Planet Dove Imagery
Dr. Steve Schill from The Nature Conservancy and Fritjof Lüthje from Tama Group present their joint project leveraging Trimble eCognition analytics using Planet Dove satellite data.
TNC has teamed up with value-adder Tama Group to develop a highly sophisticated rule set for automated feature detection of shallow benthic habitats using spectral, depth, and geomorphic zone data.
The product represents the highest resolution and consistently mapped benthic habitat product for the Caribbean Basin.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Explore the coolest eCognition algorithms for complex agricultural Goals
- Welcome to eCognition 10.1
- Data Fusion Approaches to Tree Canopy Change Detection
- Welcome to eCognition 10
- Timber Cruising with eCognition
- eCognition Developer for Beginners
- What’s New in eCognition 9.5
- Go Big with eCognition Server
- Agricultural Field Boundary Delineation with Multi Temporal Sentinel 2 Imagery
- Deep Learning, UAVs and Precision Agriculture