Coral Reef and Seagrass Habitat Mapping using Object Based Analysis
The latest victim of global warming, the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) is under serious threat, and its outlook is dire. The challenge in conserving the Reef has been partly due to the lack of a complete map of the GBR’s topography. That may change with an eCognition-based mapping technique that’s enabled one project team to produce the world’s first-ever topographic map of the GBR.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How to use high-resolution imagery and Lidar products to monitor Hemlock trees
- Welcome to eCognition 10.2
- Explore the coolest eCognition algorithms for complex agricultural Goals
- Welcome to eCognition 10.1
- Data Fusion Approaches to Tree Canopy Change Detection
- Welcome to eCognition 10
- Timber Cruising with eCognition
- eCognition Developer for Beginners
- What’s New in eCognition 9.5
- Go Big with eCognition Server