Coral Reef and Seagrass Habitat Mapping using Object Based Analysis
The latest victim of global warming, the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) is under serious threat, and its outlook is dire. The challenge in conserving the Reef has been partly due to the lack of a complete map of the GBR’s topography. That may change with an eCognition-based mapping technique that’s enabled one project team to produce the world’s first-ever topographic map of the GBR.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Data Fusion Approaches to Tree Canopy Change Detection
- Welcome to eCognition 10
- Timber Cruising with eCognition
- eCognition Developer for Beginners
- What’s New in eCognition 9.5
- Go Big with eCognition Server
- Agricultural Field Boundary Delineation with Multi Temporal Sentinel 2 Imagery
- Deep Learning, UAVs and Precision Agriculture
- Counting Features with Template Matching
- The Future of Vegetation Analyses in Feeder Corridors with YellowScan & Trimble