Can I load a Lidar point cloud into eCognition?
Yes! We support all point clouds (PCs) in *.las or *.laz format. eCognition does not care about the origin of the point cloud, so it can be acquired by a terrestrial system, aerial, photogrammetry etc..
We have a lot of dedicated tools for PC processing such as:
- automatic point cloud classification
- rasterize point cloud
- create temporary point cloud
- compute statistical value from point cloud
- assign class to point cloud
- cluster analysis of point cloud
- remove points from point cloud
- transfer point cloud classification
- export line from point cloud
- export point cloud
- and more...
You also can crate point clouds based on object values within eCognition, display PCs in 3D, reclassify PCs based on your object classification and more!
Interesting related content:
- Tutorials: Tutorial - Working With LiDAR (point cloud) Files
- Project & Rule Set Examples: DTM Modelling of Open-pit Mines
- Project & Rule Set Examples: Tree Crown Delineation
- Webinar: Timber Cruising with eCognition
- eCognition Deconstructed video: Rasterize Point Cloud
- eCognition Deconstructed video: NDSM Layer Calculation
- eCognition Deconstructed video: Fill Pixel Values
- eCognition Deconstructed: Watershed Segmentation
- Brainwave: Calculating the nDSM
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Download and installation of the eCognition Developer Software
- Where can I find the latest software documentation?
- Download and installation of the Server (GRID) Software
- Can I load a Lidar point cloud into eCognition?
- Supported Raster, Point Cloud and Vector Formats
- There is a shift in my exported results!
- How to cite eCognition Documentation?!
- Layer Alias confusion?!?
- eCognition SDK