Tutorial - Basic Concepts
This tutorial is intended for novice to intermediate users of the eCognition software. It is expected that the user has basic knowledge of the various eCognition products.
The tutorial focuses on the basic steps involved in developing a Rule Set using eCognition Developer and submitting a set of Projects for batch processing to eCognition Server. In this context, the tutorial will examine the classification of impervious surface using 3-band (RGB) aerial imagery in combination with a vector data set on multiple tiles.
We will create two image object levels and classify the super-level (on top) based on information that we find on the sub-level (bottom). This will show you, that you can work in a project with multiple scales at the same time and also how to transmit information from one level to the other.
The result will be classified parcels (super-level) based on the information of the sub-level (smaller objects classified as impervious or non-impervious). We will classify the parcels into 4 different classes from very little relative impervious surface to very high relative impervious surface.
For questions that may arise during this tutorial, please consult the online help or the offline help documents: ReferenceBook.pdf or the UserGuide.pdf. In addition, you can also refer to the eCognition Knowledge Base.
Further information about eCognition products is available on our website: www.eCognition.com.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- From the Ground Up - Customized Import
- From the Ground Up - Batch Processing
- eCognition Developer Online Training - Overview
- From the Ground Up - Getting Started
- From the Ground Up - Supervised Classification
- From the Ground Up - Working with Regions
- From the Ground Up - Startrails
- From the Ground Up - Deep Learning
- Tutorial - Basic Concepts
- Tutorial - Sample Statistics and Accuracy Assessment Tool